Searching for the best job quickly and efficiently can be a difficult task. We list the 42 best job search websites when looking for jobs online.
This is also a good resource for employers who may only be used to using the bigger more popular job boards, niche job boards often times produce the best results for your company and cost much less than a bigger job posting site.
In this job seeker’s search engine guide, we will cover the big job boards and a curated list of niche job boards in areas such as engineering, design, information technology, healthcare, accounting, logistics, non-profit, legal, government, and more all with direct links so you can view them quickly.
|Top 5 Job boards||Upload resume||Free|
The 42 top job search websites
ZipRecruiter advertises heavily on the radio, TV, and direct mail to businesses.
They have quickly become one of the largest job posting sites in the United States with over 5,000,000 job listings on their search engine.
They also let you know when an employer is looking at your resume which is a nice feature for an online job board.
Indeed is one of the top job search websites and has been around for many years, they aggregate a lot of jobs from company career pages and paid job listings.
Indeed has close to 3,000,000 million online job listings currently. You can create an online resume and have employers contact you directly.
They used to be number one but they are falling behind Ziprecruiter and Google jobs since they banned free staffing agency job postings.
Indeed however is still a top job search engine you should check out when seeking new opportunities. They also have company career pages section and employer reviews similar to Glassdoor.
Monster is a general online job board and a pioneer in the industry for a variety of online job listings. You can create a resume so employers can reach out to you directly and set up job alerts as well.
While not the titan of the job search site industry it once was, many employers still use it today listing over 150,000 jobs monthly.
Careerbuilder is one of the oldest job boards. They have an extensive database and employers have been using them for years. You can search by job title, location, and pay range on their search engine.
Careerbuilder is still a good place to post your resume and receives traffic from employers looking for candidates.
LinkedIn is a great free resource for active and passive job seekers to create a professional business profile that can be seen by employers and recruiters alike. They also have a company career pages section where you can look at job listings directly from a particular employer
You could call it the next generation of job boards.
If you do not have a LinkedIn profile by now, create one immediately.
Make sure you have a detailed profile with a professional picture. When you create a profile be descriptive about what you currently do, the type of skills/knowledge you have, and the types of software/systems you use on a daily basis.
Also, be sure to connect with local recruiters in your area and build up your network.
Glassdoor is one of the largest job recruiting websites, with over 1 million employers listed on the website.
Glassdoor also has reviews on employers from current and former employees which can be a mixed bag and not always 100% accurate as they refuse to take down any review whether it is truthful or not.
Still, they are a good resource for jobs that you may not find anywhere else and are a rapidly expanding top job board.
A job search engine similar to indeed listing millions of jobs yearly. It also as salary estimator function.
They also have a guide section for interviews, resumes, and cover letters. If you’re on the hunt for a job this a great source.
A job search website verified, up-to-date job listings directly from employer websites. They also provide job market data and analytics.
Snagajob is the largest job search website for hourly workers, boasting 100 million registered job seekers, and job opportunities at over 700,000 employer locations in the US and Canada.
The Ladders has been around for over 10 years and specializes in jobs in the 100,000k plus range including executive positions. You can post your resume and have employers come to you.
They boast a userbase of over 25,000 recruiters that use their service to find candidates in a broad list of industries and position types.
Google for Jobs
Though fairly new to the job posting scene, Google for jobs is quickly taking over as the go-to source when looking for work.
All you have to do is type in the type of job and city you are looking in and Google will come back with a list of companies with posted job openings.
Google takes jobs directly from company websites, staffing agency job listings, and are partnered with many job boards to list their openings as well.
In the next few years, Google jobs will be the number one destination for the informed job seeker.
Craigslist has a general jobs section on its main page for different types of jobs including accounting, engineering, IT, legal, retail, and more. The jobs are broken down by city and job type.
Interested in jobs at start-up companies? This is the place to start looking for those types of opportunities. You can also create a profile and add connections.
A job search site from the federal government listing all types of jobs working for the many agencies within the federal US government.
Upwork is the top website for freelance jobs including web development, marketing, writing, accounting, engineering, and more.
Joblist aggregates jobs from most major job boards listing millions of openings daily. Their interface and styling leads the pack among job search websites and is free to use. You can also set up a daily job alert.
Jooble is a job aggregator taking jobs from employers, recruiting agencies, and other sources.
Their job search engine is available in 71 countries and lists over 800,000 jobs for job seekers from 70,000 plus websites.
The best IT job websites
Dice is still the top IT job board and many companies still advertise jobs on it.
If you are looking for an IT/Software related job checkout dice.com with over 50,000 jobs currently listed.
Stackoverflow is a website for software developers that has a niche job search section as well as listing over 2,500 software developer jobs.
Github is primarily a site for software developers, programming, etc. They also have their own job board which has featured jobs section
Top Engineering job websites
A specialty job board focused on the engineering sector of jobs. If you work in the engineering, design, or drafting field this is a good source for potential opportunities.
If you’re looking for a CAD design or drafting related jobs getcadjobs.com is a good niche website to search for openings in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, and other CAD software.
Though the look of the website is very dated it is still a good resource for contractors looking for jobs in engineering, aerospace, and other industries. This is strictly a job board for contract jobs.
Launched in 2001 they have job listings for mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, structural, and other engineering career openings.
The top niche job websites
- Clearancejobs.com Interested in jobs that require a security clearance? Clearance jobs mention it’s the largest career network for professionals with federal government security clearance.
- Accounting jobs today With over 6,000 jobs currently listed this is an excellent resource for job seekers in the accounting sector.
- iHireAccounting An accounting job board adding over 2,000 new jobs daily.
- Accountingcrossing.com Currently they have close to 100,000 jobs posted in the accounting field.
- Jobsinlogistics.com If your looking for a job in the supply chain or logistics field this is a good place to start.
- Idealist is a job board for openings related to the nonprofit sector.
- mediabistro is a job search site for PR, advertising, and journalist professionals. They also offer online courses and freelance tools.
- College Recruiter Looking for your first entry-level job or summer internship? this is the place to search.
- Behance You can find jobs in the UI/UX design fields as well as other creative designer related jobs.
- Dribble A website that has product designer, UI/UX jobs, graphic artist, and other creative type jobs.
- Lawjobs A job search website for legal professionals including paralegals, attorneys, and legal secretaries it’s small but growing.
- Fairygodboss A website for empowering women and finding great jobs as well.
- RecruitMilitary A job website for military veterans entering the civilian workforce with over 150,000 active jobs.
- Health eCareers A job board for medical professionals including physicians, nursing, PAs, NPs, CRNA, and pharmaceutical job openings.
- Healthjobsnationwide This is a job board for healthcare industry professionals offering job alerts and having over 1,000,000 job listings.
- Medjobcafe You can search for jobs and post your resume and receive job alerts for openings in the medical field.
- Hospital Careers Job listings for over 20,000 healthcare jobs and they partner directly with over 30 state Hospital Associations.
- Mashable has a job board section on their website with over 50,000 jobs posted in many different fields and industries
- Fiverr.com Not a job board in the traditional sense but if you’re looking for freelance work this is the perfect place to sell your services for businesses seeking skills such as writing, content marketing, graphic design, video production, and more.
Hopefully, this list of top job search websites will help get you started on your path to finding that next great career opportunity.
You also can find jobs directly on employers’ websites, networking events, local state job bank websites, and recruiting company websites.
When searching for a job it’s always a good idea to use a variety of resources, make sure your resume is up to date and tailor it to specific jobs when you apply for them.
Note keywords in the job description and make sure those keywords are in your resume if you have that specific experience.
Looking for a new job or need candidates for a new opening at your company reach out to Apollo Technical