Searching for the best job quickly and efficiently can be a hard task. We list the 47 best job search websites when looking for jobs online.
This is also an excellent resource for employers who may only be used to using the bigger more popular job boards, niche job boards often produce the best results for your company and cost much less than a bigger job posting site.
This list also features the best places to post job openings.
In this job seeker’s search engine guide, we will cover the big job boards and a curated list of niche job boards in areas such as engineering, design, information technology, healthcare, accounting, logistics, non-profit, legal, government, and more all with direct links so you can view them quickly.
- The 5 Best Job Search Websites
- The 42 Top Job Search Websites
- The Ladders
- Google for Jobs
- The Best IT Job Search Websites
- Github Jobs
- Engineering Job Search Websites
- Contract Job Hunter
- Top Niche Job Search Websites
The 5 Best Job Search Websites
|Top 5 Job boards||Upload resume||Post Jobs|
The 47 Top Job Search Websites
ZipRecruiter advertises heavily on the radio, TV, and direct mail to businesses making them one of the best job search websites.
They have quickly become one of the largest job posting sites in the United States with over 5,000,000 job listings on their search engine and excellent company reviews from users of their service.
They also let you know when an employer is looking at your resume which is a pleasant feature for an online job board and they have a mobile app as well.
Indeed, is one of the top job search websites and has been around for many years, they aggregate a lot of jobs from company career pages and paid job listings.
Indeed, one of the best job search websites has close to 3,000,000 million online job listings currently. You can create an online resume and have employers contact you directly. They also have a one-button push application process and a mobile app where you can apply to jobs from your phone and have recently come out with a separate mobile app for remote work.
They used to be number one, but they are falling behind ZipRecruiter and Google jobs since they banned free staffing agency job postings.
Indeed, however is still a top job search engine you should check out when seeking new opportunities. They also have company career pages section and employer reviews similar to Glassdoor.
Monster is a general online job board and a pioneer in the industry for a variety of online job listings and career opportunities. You can create a resume so potential employers can reach out to you directly and set up job alerts.
While not the titan of the job search site industry it once was, many employers still use it today listing over 150,000 jobs monthly. They also have a mobile app.
CareerBuilder is one of the oldest job boards. They have an extensive database and employers have been using them for years. You can search by job title, location, and pay range on their job search engine.
CareerBuilder is still a good job board to post your resume on and it still receives a large amount of traffic from employers looking for candidates.
LinkedIn is a great free resource for active and passive job seekers to create a professional business profile that can be seen by employers and recruiters alike. They also have a company career pages section where you can look at job listings directly from a particular employer.
You could call it the next generation of job search websites.
If you do not have a LinkedIn profile by now, create one immediately.
Make sure you have a detailed profile with a professional picture. When you create a profile be descriptive about what you do, the skills/knowledge you have, and the software/systems you use daily.
Also, be sure to connect with local recruiters in your area and build up your network.
Glassdoor is one of the largest job recruiting websites, with over 1 million employers listed on the website.
Glassdoor also has reviews on employers from current and former employees which can be a mixed bag and not always 100% accurate as they refuse to take down any review whether it is truthful or not. Still there are a large amount of jobs on their job search website section.
Still, they are an excellent resource for jobs that you may find nowhere else and are a rapidly expanding top job board. Glassdoor also has an app for mobile devices.
A job search engine similar to Indeed.com listing millions of jobs yearly. It also as salary estimator function.
They also have a guide section for interviews, resumes, and cover letters. If you’re hunting for a job, this a significant source. This is one job search website you should definitely check out.
A job search website with verified up-to-date job listings directly from employer websites. They also provide job market data and analytics while providing a smooth application process.
Snagajob is the largest and one of the best job search websites for hourly workers, and part-time jobs boasting 100 million registered job seekers, and job opportunities at over 700,000 employer locations in the US and Canada.
The Ladders job board has been around for over 10 years and specializes in jobs in the 100,000k plus range, including executive positions. You can post your resume and have employers come to you.
This job search website boasts an user base of over 25,000 recruiters that use their service to find candidates in a broad list of industries and position types.
Google for Jobs
Though fairly new to the job posting scene, Google for jobs is quickly taking over as the go-to source for job search websites when looking for work on a job board.
All you have to do is type in the type of job and city you are looking in and Google will come back with a list of companies with posted job openings. This makes for a quick job hunting process.
Google takes jobs directly from company websites, staffing agency job listings, and is partnered with many job boards to list their openings.
In the next few years, Google jobs will be the number one destination for the informed job seeker. The best part is you can list jobs here for free.
Facebook the social media powerhouse also has a section for jobs where employers can list their jobs for free on the site in all industries and sectors. Their job section is one of the fastest-growing career websites.
Craigslist has a general jobs section on its main page for different types of jobs including accounting, engineering, IT, legal, retail, and more. The jobs are broken down by city and job type.
Many smaller companies like to post job ads here in a wide variety of industries.
Interested in jobs at start-up companies? This is the place to start looking for those types of opportunities. Angellist has job board listings and you can also create a profile and add connections.
You can list jobs here for free and attract top talent.
USAjobs.gov is one of the leading job search sites from the federal government listing all types of government jobs working for the many agencies within the federal US government.
Upwork is the top job search website for freelance jobs including web development, marketing, writing, accounting, engineering, remote work, and more.
Joblist aggregates jobs from most major job boards listing millions of openings daily. Their interface and styling leads the pack among job search websites and is free to use. You can also set up a daily job alert when new job postings publish enhancing your job search process.
Jooble is a job aggregator taking jobs from employers, recruiting agencies, and other sources.
Their job search engine is available in 71 countries and lists over 800,000 jobs for job seekers from 70,000 plus websites.
The Best IT Job Search Websites
Dice is still the top IT job board and many companies still advertise jobs on it.
If you are looking for an IT/Software related job checkout Dice.com with over 50,000 jobs listed. Dice is still one of the best job search sites out there for information technology-related positions. You can also post your resume and receive job alerts for free.
Stackoverflow is a website for software developers that has a niche job search section and lists over 2,500 software developer jobs.
Github is primarily a site for software developers, programming, etc. They also have their own job board which has featured jobs section.
Engineering Job Search Websites
A specialty job board focused on the engineering sector of jobs. If you work in the engineering, design, or drafting field this is an excellent source for potential opportunities. This is one job search site for engineering jobs that you don’t want to miss.
If you’re looking for a CAD design or drafting related jobs Getcadjobs.com is a good niche job search website for openings in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, and other CAD software.
Though the look this job search website is a bit dated it is still a good resource for contractors looking for jobs in engineering, aerospace, and other industries. This is strictly a job board for contract jobs.
Launched in 2001 they have job listings for mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, structural, and other engineering career openings. The layout is fresh and clean making it one of the good job search sites for engineering.
Top Niche Job Search Websites
- Clearancejobs.com Interested in jobs that require a security clearance? Clearance jobs mention it’s the largest career network for professionals with federal government security clearance.
- Accounting jobs today With over 6,000 jobs currently listed this is an excellent resource for job seekers being one of the best job search sites in the accounting sector.
- iHireAccounting An accounting job board adding over 2,000 new jobs daily. This job search site is one to keep an eye on.
- Accountingcrossing.com Currently they have close to 100,000 jobs posted in the accounting field.
- Jobsinlogistics.com If you’re looking for a job in the supply chain or logistics field this job search site is a good place to start.
- Idealist is a job board for openings related to the nonprofit sector.
- mediabistro is a job search site for PR, advertising, and journalist professionals. They also offer online courses and freelance tools.
- College Recruiter Looking for your first entry-level job or summer internship? This job search site is the place to look.
- Zoek This fast-growing job board uses intelligent job matching technology to connect employers with job seekers for a variety of career openings. They currently have over 1,000,0000 jobs listed.
- Behance You can find jobs in the UI/UX design fields as well as other creative designer related jobs on Behance.
- Dribble A website that has product designer, UI/UX jobs, graphic artist, and other creative professional type jobs.
- Lawjobs A job search website for legal professionals including paralegals, attorneys, and legal secretaries it’s small but growing.
- Fairygodboss A website for empowering women and finding great jobs as well.
- RecruitMilitary A job website for military veterans entering the civilian workforce with over 150,000 active jobs.
- NurseFly A great job board for traveling nursing jobs currently listing over 70,000 jobs at medical facilities, hospitals, and clinics around the world.
- Health eCareers A job board for medical professionals including physicians, nursing, PAs, NPs, CRNA, and pharmaceutical job openings. This one one of the top job search sites for medical-related jobs.
- Healthjobsnationwide This is a job search site for healthcare industry professionals offering job alerts and having over 1,000,000 job board listings.
- Medjobcafe You can search for jobs and post your resume and receive job alerts for openings in the medical field.
- Hospital Careers Job search site for over 20,000 healthcare jobs and they partner directly with over 30 state Hospital Associations.
- Problogger If your looking for a writing job short term or long term this site has many job openings for creating blog articles.
- Mashable has a job board section on their website with over 50,000 jobs posted in many different fields and industries
- Fiverr.com Not a job board in the traditional sense but if you’re looking for freelance work this is the perfect place to sell your services for businesses seeking skills such as writing, content marketing, graphic design, video production, and more.
Hopefully, this list of top job search websites will help get you started on your path to finding that next great career opportunity.
You also can find jobs directly on employers’ websites, networking events, local state job bank websites, and recruiting company websites.
When searching for a job it’s always a good idea to use a variety of resources, make sure your resume is up to date and tailor it to specific jobs when you apply for them.
Several Job search tips are to note keywords in the job description and make sure those keywords are in your resume if you have that specific experience.
Set alerts on job boards you can be one of the first to apply when a new position is posted.
Looking for a new job or need candidates for a new opening at your company reach out to Apollo Technical